Our paper tubing capabilities are some of the most extensive on the market.
We also offer:
- Decorative papers (in glossy or flat colors)
- Foil liners or outer greaseproof papers
- Cotton liners
- Crepe Kraft
- Plastic films
- Greaseproof liners
- Cellulose acetate
*Note: Some of our paper tubes can be made in material combinations. Printing and striping for product identification purposes are optional.
Our paper tube fabrications include:
- Rolled, conical or flat-formed ends
- Precision-cut lengths
We also offer a unique tube adaptation process — called “bow” — for square and rectangular tubes. Bow tubes have convex sides, meaning the sidewalls are curved slightly away from the center of the tube. Four different degrees of bow are available from us:
- Paraformed – for flat sidewalls and flat inside corners (exclusive to us)
- Very slight – approximately .020″ of bow per inch of sidewall, per side; provides some degree of added strength
- Slight – approximately .030″ of bow per inch of sidewall, per side; adds strength
- Regular – approximately .040″ of bow per inch of sidewall, per side; provides maximum strength and resistance to collapse
Bow tubes are best used when the tube must be wrapped tightly with magnetic wire during a transformer manufacturer’s winding process. Generally, bow is applied to Kraft paper and Kraft paper combinations only. We can, however, force bow in square and rectangular tubes made from other materials.