When you need a smooth protective covering for your wiring that provides substantial dielectric insulation, you can put your trust in heat shrink Mylar® tubing. Knowing if Mylar® heat shrinking tubing is ideal for your application can be difficult without the proper information on the properties of Mylar®.
Here’s a summary on the subject:
- Testing with a 60Hz, 500V/sec using standard brass electrodes resulted in a typical DC dielectric resistance of 11.0 kV/mil and an AC dielectric strength of 7.0kV/mil
- Temperatures can a slight effect on the dielectric strength. The thinner the mil the more pronounced its decrease in dielectric strength.
- Humidity only has marginal impact on Mylar® dielectric properties.
- AC Corona resistance is one of the highest of all plastic films. Starting just under 400 V/rms and rising proportionally to over 1,000 V/rms at 10 mil.
- For continuous operations dealing with AC applications, impregnation can further increase the corona threshold.
Now combine this useful information with a partnership with PPG, and get the ideal heat shrink tubing product when you need it. Our background in spiral-wound tubing assures you that we will find the solution and make it to your specifications.
Want to learn more about our capabilities? Contact us today to see how we can make your ideas take shape.
Comments are closed.