Extruded tubing has a variety of production methods. It is typically sold in two type of production; coil and straight. Straight length extruded tubing offers uniform inner diameter (I.D.) and outer diameter (O.D.) throughout each piece. Each one has different advantages and uses. Straight length tubing can be used for drinking straws and coiled tubing to act as an insulator in plumbing jobs.
When working with extruded plastic tubing there are a variety of material available. They include:
- Polyethylene – Many grades exist for this type including HDPE, LDPE, and PEX
- Polypropylene – Can be used for low-loss RF capacitors due to its excellent dielectric properties
- Nylon – Made famous with women’s “nylons”, its stretch-ability and resistance to molds and mildew make it great for a large number of applications
- Polystyrene- Uses for packaging and disposable cups fill the long list of applications
- Polycarbonate- or Lexan can be thermoformed into a variety of applications that need high impact resistance and high durability
- Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene – Its flexibility lends it to be extruded into drain-waste vent pipe systems and musical recorders
For all of your extruded tubing needs, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We can guarantee you that you won’t find a more qualified manufacturer around.
Comments are closed.